Customize Email Signature on an iPhone, iPad, iOS device
How to Customize your Email Signature on an iPhone, iPad, iOS device
By: Matt Gustofsun
Here’s how to set up a simple email signature that automatically shows up at the end of your emails on your iPhone or iPad, for a more personal or professional touch:
1. Open the “Settings” app from the home screen, if you can’t find it swipe all the way to the left and search for “Settings”.
2. Scroll down and tap “Mail”.
If you don’t see this option, you may have a different version of iOS installed on your device. Instead, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Select “Signature”.
4. Type the desired email signature in the space provided or get rid of all the text to delete the email signature.
If you have more than one email address set up in the Mail app, you can apply signatures to all accounts or independently to just one, tap “All Accounts”. Or, choose “Per Account” to specify a different email signature for each account.
6. To apply formatting, double tap the signature and use the handles to select the portion of the signature that you want to format.
In the menu that appears above the selected text, tap the “BIU” button to apply formatting.
If you don’t see the menu, tap the right-pointing arrow on the menu bar. It may be called BIU. Select either Bold, Italic, or Underline.
To apply a different formatting style to another part of the signature, tap outside the text and repeat the process.
9. Tap the arrow in the upper-left corner of the Signature screen to save the changes and return to the Mail.
10. Your email signature is now setup on your iOS device.